“FVR did not endorse me”- Duterte . But just the same FVR wants a Mindanaoan President, and who else?

Posted in Uncategorized with tags on March 20, 2016 by cha monforte

(late upload oct 27, 2014 news)

Just the same former President Fidel V. Ramos (FVR) wants a Mindanaoan President and who else is he referring to? Apparently, he is Davao City Mayor Rody Duterte.

There was literally one huge writing in the wall for Duterte to finally meet the push, prodding and thumbs-up of many people for him to run for President as when FVR personally added letter “s” with the use of pentel pen to the phrase “Atin to Pre” printed on the t-shirt he exchanged to wear during last Thursday’s opening of BIMP-EAGA & IMT-GT Trade Fair and Business Leaders’ Conference.

The changed slogan (Photo credit FB of Frank Villaroman)

The t- shirt has the word Digong! and under it a hand logo giving a thumbs-up before the changed “Atin to Pres.”

During the regular TV program of the mayor on Sunday, he said that FVR when he came here last Thursday both of them talked more about the BIMP-EAGA trade that FVR started and “talked politics for only less than 10 minutes.”

He said FVR asked him about his reported presidential plan and just the same he said he is not interested to run and has no money for it.

But FVR said “the next President should come from Mindanao as no Mindanaoan has yet become the country’s President,” the mayor recalled when prodded by his co-anchor Atty. Geraldine Chiu.

Duterte has been consistently declining to run for President citing variably at least three bones of contentions that include his non-interest, lack of money, and his age (he is now 69).

Despite his consistent thumbing down, more and more people keep onthe other hand keep on thumbing up for him to run for President.

The BIMP-EAGA event will ended yesterday, Sunday. (Rural Urban News/Cha Monforte)

Pa assumes son’s councilorship in BE Dujali, Davao Norte

Posted in Councilor Romulo "Mulong" Esmino Sr with tags on March 20, 2016 by cha monforte

(late upload oct 25, 2014 news)

The father of a councilor who is on jail due to alleged drug pushing has assumed the latter’s councilor’s post in Braulio E. Dujali town in Davao del Norte.
Romulo “Mulong” Esmino, Sr. assumed as regular councilor succeeding his son Romulo Jr  through a unanimous choice of the town’s and local party officials.
In an interview, Councilor Romulo Sr. vowed he would continue giving sincere and wholehearted services for the town’s constituents.
He thanked officials for giving confidence to him to serve the unserved term of his son who is still waiting for a grant of a bail bond after his arrest and imprisonment following a buy bust on illegal drug last Nov. 11, 2013.
He expressed optimism that his son would be released on bail.
The father took his oath of office last Aug. 4 and attended his first session in the Sangguniang Bayan on Aug. 7.
Romulo Jr had earlier tendered his voluntary resignation.
Kusog Baryohanon party stalwart Cong. Anton Lagdameo, Mayor Lolita Moral, Vice Mayor Samuel Pacres and town councilors were unanimous in choosing Mulong Sr to assume his son’s post. (Rural Urban News/Cha Monforte)

Panabo police implements “no plate, no travel policy” without let up

Posted in Panabo PNP police chief PSupt Roderico Roy Jr with tags on March 20, 2016 by cha monforte
(late upload oct 25, 2014 news)
Panabo PNP police chief PSupt.  Roderico Roy Jr is making special focus for his police force these days to be always in full alert in checking and taking right police actions against violators of traffic laws especially against owners and drivers of single motorcycles which have no plate number.
He is actively implementing a “no plate, no travel” policy, and without let since he assumed office last July.
Besides this violation, the city police is also making citations to violators for having no driver’s license, OR/CR , or only having expired ones, and others.
In fact, they have already turned over many apprehended vehicles to the Land Transportation Office in the province.
PSupt. Roy said this is one way in preventing crimes as single motorcycles have been often used by riding in tandems as their getaway vehicles.
Relatively, the police chief’s focus runs parallel with the “no plate, no travel” policy in neighboring Tagum City.
Meanwhile, LTO Davao del Norte provincial director Marietta Piccio bared in separate interview that beginning November 1 the LTO will implement in full weight the “no plate, no travel” policy.
“On that day dakop na, way pilion ang LTO (It’s apprehension time, we’ll not spare anybody,” Piccio declared saying there was a recent directive from LTO national office to that effect.
PSupt. Roy recently submitted his Anti Criminality Action Plan (ACAP) to City Mayor Atty. Jose Silvosa, Sr. in a city conference.
The ACAP he devised outlined his crime prevention and anti-criminality operational plans that aimed to address and contain crimes in the city such as thefts, holdups, crimes relating dangerous drugs and others.
He is also focused in keeping his police force on higher moral ascendancy as he engaged on “internal cleansing” of the city police force by purging misfits who used prohibited drugs.
Currently, Roy has 8 policemen who are undergoing criminal investigation course. He is launching also a “Isumbong Mo kay C.O.P” text/call hotline.- (Rural Urban News/Cha Monforte)

Tagum mayor perplexed on what’s his political party

Posted in Uncategorized with tags on March 20, 2016 by cha monforte

(late upload oct 25, 2014 news)

Tagum City Mayor Allan Rellon is perplexed over what is his political party now as in the last 2013 election he ran under the PDP Party but “without the PDP’s CONA (Certificate of Nomination and Acceptance)”.

“I’m PDP (candidate), but technically I’m independent, or I’m PDP independent,” he said.

That time the PDP party leadership was not yet wracked with division between Vice President Jejomar Binay and the Pimentels- former Senator Nene and Senator Koko.

In March this year Binay left PDP and is now leading the United Nationalist Alliance which he shared leadership with PMP party czar, former President Erap Estrada.

Rellon left the Liberal Party prior the 2013 polls as he was not endorsed the mayoral standard bearer.

Rellon explained: “I have strong reason to leave the LP. I went to Manila and sought refuge to Binay and he embraced me. I then ran under PDP. But we ran without the CONA. Technically, I’m independent. I don’t know. But I will really go for Binay. We’re closer to each other.”

Further, he said Binay visited him twice in Tagum City while he is already the mayor- during the rover scouting and the national jamboree activities. “Atty. Wendel Avisado (Binay’s top leader in the region) keeps on calling me. We’re closer to each other.”

He further recalled that when he left the LP, “OK ra pod kay I became free” as he ran virtually without a party, without money but with the people of the city backing him up for his victory.

He said that although he left the LP in the province, “but in reality” he always goes for Governor Rodolfo del Rosario, the provincial chair of the LP.

It appears now that Rellon. being “technically independent” is choosing with whom to ally: RDR and Baby of the LP, locally, and Binay of the opposition UNA, nationally.

He said he is willing to go back to the fold of the LP party.

But when it comes to the choice of who’s the standard bearer for mayor in 2016 election, and if it’s not him, he openly confided: “Ah, lahi na na! (It’s different matter).”

He added he is supporting all-out the gubernatorial bid of Vice Gov. Victorio Suaybaguio, Jr. in 2016 polls.

Suaybaguio has long not been hiding his interest to run for governor in 2016 saying he has long prepared for it while he has been serving as Gov. Del Rosario’s vice governor for four terms already. (Rural Urban News/Cha Monforte)

New BOC Davao Port Collector Butalid vows “no take, no tara” policy

Posted in boc davao Ricardo Butalid with tags on March 20, 2016 by cha monforte
(late upload oct 23, 2014 news)

Smarting past the oil smuggling controversy just left by his predecessor, the new district collector of the Port of Davao assigned by the Bureau of Customs Manila headquarters vowed he would lead in a “no take, no tara” policy.
Before BOC Davao’s rank and file employees in last Monday’s flag-raising ceremony, retired General Ricardo Butalid declared: “I’m with you and I will lead you in no-take, no-tara policy. I will lead you in this advocacy.”
Tara is the street-smart colloquial word circulating in BOC offices nationwide for grease money.
He congratulated the BOC Davao’s men and women for always hitting collections above the targets, urging them to continue performing well as the BOC Manila and Commissioner Sevilla “know this”.
He added he would also lead them in reaffirming with the Bureau’s mission and objectives, chiefly for increase collection, trade facilitation and border protection.
He reminded BOC Davao’s organic manpower of the BOC’s hierarchy who should be followed, saying: “Always remember that we have higher authorities above, authorities who will oversee us. Their concern is also our concern.”
The statement was apparently a tab to the report that dismissed district collector Ernesto Aradanas allegedly tried to cling to his post following allegation that he resisted directives of BOC Commissioner John Sevilla to immediately issue a writ of seizure and detention (WSD) to the smuggled oil shipment of 260,000 liters of premium gasoline apprehended in the sub-port of General Santos by the Manila customs intelligence agents with Philippine Coast Guard elements last Sept. 6.
During Aradanas’ alleged dilly-dallying in issuing his WSD the smuggled shipment was pilfered of 163,000 liters. Aradanas issued his WSD on Sept. 23.
Report also said that Sevilla asked Aradanas to immediately resign days after the incident but the latter reportedly clung to his post until he received the termination order of Dept. of Finance Secretary Cesar Purisima.
The order terminating his services as project manager was signed by Purisima Oct. 1. Aradanas only left the post Oct. 13, the other Monday.
Aradanas vehemently denied making wrongdoing even as he thoroughly explained his actions as proper and legal that led to his late issuance of WSD.
In press statement when Aradanas left post Oct. 13, he stressed he did not resign and called for impartial probe citing lack of due process in the termination order.
Aradanas, a retired brigadier general, was hired as project manager 3 of the Office of Revenue Modernization under the Dept. of Finance. Being that, he was deployed to BOC and subsequently was assigned as district collector for BOC Davao last Feb. 3, 2014. BOC is under the DoF.
Butalid is reportedly a protege of BOC Deputy Commissioner for Intelligence Jesse Dellosa.
It was Dellosa’s Intelligence Group (IG) that uncovered the so-called oil smuggling “pipeline” between Malaysia and the Philippines starting from Sabah and ending up at various ports in Mindanao.
A report said that smuggling has become rampant in Mindanao through the so-called “Malaysia-Philippine smuggling pipeline.”
Butalid was the former chief at J6 (Communications, Electronics and Information System Service) of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) before his retirement in 2011.
He ran for congressman in the first district of Masbate last May 2013 polls but lost. Late last month he joined the BOC IG per backing of Dellosa.
He was groomed by Dellosa to become the CIIS national director, but before he could get his due appointment, the vacancy of the post of Davao port collector suddenly came up last week. (Rural Urban News/Cha Monforte)

P1 corruption will nix P33 B Malaysian reclamation project, Duterte warns

Posted in P33-billion Davao City reclamation project with tags on March 20, 2016 by cha monforte

(late upload oct 20, 2014 news)

Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte has warned that the moment he knows that Malaysian investors have given even a mere P1 corruption money to any City Hall employee in connection with the P33-billion reclamation project they proposed he would “throw the papers” of the project.
In his regular TV program Sunday, he announced his zero-corruption policy to the Malaysians’ proposed reclamation project that would involve reclaiming and filling up of a 746-hectare coastal area starting from Isla Verde to the mouth of Davao River.
Malaysian investors would pour a whooping P33-billion investment to reclaim and develop the area.
“The project would have gestation period of eight months to one year, next year, and actual works will start in 2016. Wala na ko ana (I’m no longer a mayor by then),” he said.
“Maayo unta mosugot si Inday para kanunay way korapsyon,” the mayor added, referring to his earlier prodding anointment to his daughter and former Mayor Inday Sara to run for mayor in 2016.
He said that reclamation projects in the country had always been associated with corruption defrauding the government of billions of pesos.
He mentioned the PEA-Amari and Cebu reclamation deals.
The said projects were marred with controversies over secret acts of public officials involved which defrauded the government of billions of pesos.
Also, the mayor bared that the proposed reclamation project would have the possibility of relocating people living in Isla Verde, the reason why he has earlier asked President Benigno Aquino III for the amendment of the presidential proclamation over the Isla Verde and its vicinity that would include commercial use and not only residential use.
The project’s relocation scheme entails payment to acceding relocatees and the subdivision of reclaimed land to units that would be up for sale to recover and profit from project in scaled-up time.
Meanwhile, Mayor Duterte also bared that he just wanted a “simple commuter train that can move people” in the another modern light rail transit project proposed by South Korean investors with build-operate-transfer scheme. (Rural Urban News/Cha Monforte)

Ex-Gen. Ricardo “Boy” Butalid is the replacement of Aradanas as BOC Davao Port District Collector

Posted in BOC Davao Collector Gen. Ricardo “Boy” Butalid with tags on March 20, 2016 by cha monforte

(late upload oct 20, 2014 news)

Another retired general coming from the Bureau of Customs Intelligence Group (IG) in Manila is the replacement of dismissed BOC Davao District Collector  and retired Gen. Ernesto Aradanas.

He is retired Gen. Ricardo “Boy” Butalid.

boc butalid4

BOC Davao public information and assistance division head Suharto “Jun” Sumayan said last Friday afternoon that Butalid is expected to arrive and meet BOC Davao officials and employees today, Monday, Oct. 20.

The BOC Davao’s top post was temporarily held by BOC Davao deputy collector for administration-operation Atty. Dante Maranan as the OIC district collector when Aradanas left the post last Monday after receiving the termination order of Dept. of Finance Secretary Cesar Purisima.

Aradanas last Tuesday in press statement said that he did not resign even as he asked for impartial probe citing there was no of due process on his termination.

Sec. Purisima terminated his contract of services with the BOC, coming on the heels of the foiled oil smuggling in the sub-port of General Santos City in the first week of last September.

Aradanas allegedly allowed the entry of a shipment of smuggled gasoline of about 260,000 liters, which was subsequently pilfered of 163,000 liters under contentious circumstances which he vehemently denied making wrongdoing even as he thoroughly explained his actions as proper and legal that led to his late issuance of the writ of seizure and detention (WSD) last Sept. 23 per his chronology report that he bared to the media.

The shipment was seized in a raid by composite force of the Philippine Coast Guard elements and Customs Intelligence and Investigation Services (CIIS) special team deployed by BOC Deputy Commissioner for Intelligence Jesse Dellosa.

Butalid, like Aradanas, is a classmate, mistah of Dellosa under Class ’79 of the Philippine Military Academy (PMA).

Aradanas joined the BOC after being hired as “Project Manager 3″ at the Office of Revenue Agency Modernization (ORAM) at the Dept. of Finance. The BOC is under the DoF.

ORAM is the source of retired generals who are tapped to become project managers of BOC like serving in mission-critical posts such as the plum post of the district port collectors. They are employed under contract of services.

Sumayan said that Butalid also came from ORAM .

Per online research, Butalid ran for congressman in first district of Masbate last May 2013 polls but lost. Late last month he joined the BOC IG per backing of Dellosa, whom highly placed sources said carries “great weight” in the selection of officials he wants to serve with him in the IG.

Butalid was the former chief at J6 (Communications, Electronics and Information System Service) of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) before his retirement in 2011.

He was groomed by Dellosa to become the CIIS national director, but before he could get his due appointment the vacancy of the post of Davao port collector suddenly came up last week, although Commissioner John Sevilla signed the termination order of Aradanas last Oct. 1.

The IG has direct supervision over the CIIS.

It was the IG that uncovered the so-called smuggling “pipeline” between Malaysia and the Philippines starting from Sabah and ending up at various ports in Mindanao, with the apprehension of a local carrier loaded with 260,000 liters of  smuggled gasoline at the sub-port of General Santos last September 6.

A report said that smuggling has become rampant in Mindanao through the so-called “Malaysia-Philippine smuggling pipeline.”

“The majority of these smuggled items are allegedly being cleared in the Port of Davao and its two subports,”the report said. (Rural Urban News/Cha Monforte)