VG Baby leaving the CISA question to COA to decide

Feb 17-23,2011

Davao del Norte Vice Governor Victorio “Baby” Suaybaguio Jr said anew that he is leaving the question as to whether the transaction relating to the awarding and the implementation of the P6.3-million security services contract of the Christian Investigation Security Agency (CISA) “is legal or not.”

This as the Capitol’s COA auditor Susan Querequincia is expected to be already reviewing the “signatory, legality and scope of the contract” this week. Last week she said that in two weeks time she could have her audit findings bared to the local media.

When pressed to comment anew on the transaction that had him and the Sangguniang Panlalawigan apparently bypassed by some executive department officials led by provincial administrator Rufo Peligro, the vice governor said he better not comment further except saying that he did not know in details the transaction as he was not formally informed by Peligro and was not furnished even of a single bidding and award document nor was there a Notice to Proceed to CISA as required by the new government procurement law.

Earlier, as to the claim of provincial Bids and Awards Committee chairman Samson Sanchez that they “could not afford the vacuum of security services” when the contract was awarded to CISA on Dec. 28, 2010 and implemented four days after on Jan. 1, 2011, the vice governor said that considering there was a need yet to assure the papers relating the transaction he could have called in then the assistance of the provincial police to beef up the remaining 17 permanent security personnel in protecting the Capitol complex while all requirements under the law on government procurement have yet to be completed and the issue of the contract’s legality like as to whether the contract has to pass the provincial board or not is yet to be resolved.

“Whatever would happen to the Capitol, by command responsibility, I am responsible to it,” he said referring to Dec. 20, 2010 to January 8, 2011 when he served as the acting governor as the governor travelled to the United States to visit his son District 1 Congressman Anthony del Rosario in time of the Christmas Season.

Both Peligro and Sanchez said the transaction is legal and that they were duly following procedures spelled out in the new government procurement law. (cha monforte)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: