NEWS: RDR’s turn to say on Bolante fertilizer: “I did not receive it”

nov 19

It is two more to go for their say on P728-million fertilizer fund scam that spilled over in Davao del Norte an Compostela Valley areas.

Davao del Norte Governor Rodolfo del Rosario took his turn yesterday in saying he did not receive any of the controversial fertilizer from former agriculture undersecretary Jocelyn “Jocjoc” Bolante before the May 2004 polls.

In a DXDN Radyo Ukay-Tagum report early morning yesterday, the governor said that instead he received from the Dept. of Agriculture funds for irrigation projects for the province’s farmers.

A google search ended up in link stating that the govenor at that time was the national president of both the League of Provinces of the Philippines (LPP) and the Union of Local Authorities of the Philippines (ULAP)

After Del Rosario’s made his turn to talk with the local media on the issue, who remains now in the so-called Bolante list in the two provinces is former District 2 Cong. Antonio “Tonyboy” Floirendo, and Comval Cong. Prospero Amatong (District 2), who would still have to state on whether they had receive Bolante’s fertilizer or not prior the May 2004 elections.

Sidlak tried but failed to reach them yesteday.

The other day Davao del Norte Cong. Arrel Olano (District 1) admitted he received Bolante’s fertilizer and distributed it to some 6,000 farmers in Asuncion, Kapalong, San Isidro and Talaingod towns. He said his recipients could be verified right in the field.

Olano said that he started distributing the fertilizer before the May 2004 polls and stopped when the election period began. He said he continued distributing the fertilizer after the elections.

Last Sunday, Comval Cong. Manuel “Way Kurat” Zamora (District 1) admitted, too, he received fertilizer but only in August 2004, after the May polls in that year.
Zamora said his recipients included even the farrmers belonging to the militant Kilusang Magbubukid sa Pilipinas in his province.

He said the transaction was “duly accounted for” and that he has a list of recipient barangay captains throughout his district except Monkayo town. where he did not distribute the fertilizer as Zamora were at political odds then with Mayor Manuel Brillantes.

Both Olano and Zamora said they did not receive money but only fertilizer. .
Last week, former Comval Gov. Jose Caballero said he did not receive any fertilizer nor money for it, although he complied with the requirements asked by the DA for him to access the so-called Bolante fertilizer.

Bolante has been accused of engineering the alleged diversion of P728 million to the 2004 campaign kitty of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, whom he had cleared to have not been involved in the scam, along with other names of local officials and congressmen who were identified as proponents of the fertilizer funds.

A total of 103 congressmen, 53 provincial governors and 23 mayors were identified as among those who availed of the funds. (Cha Monforte/Rural Urban News) http://ruralurbanews.blogspot.com

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: